FS-SPS: Ship Protection System
FarSounder security products see underwater threats regardless of the water's clarity. Attached to the hull, there is nothing to deploy. When a threat is detected, no time is wasted retrieving the system; allowing you to focus on your next move.
The FarSounder Ship Protection System is a unique multi-sensor solution with 360º coverage using fixed in-hull sensors. This multi-use system provides underwater threat detection while at anchor and navigation sonar while underway. The system is based on FarSounder's patented sonar technology which produces a complete 3D image with a single ping!
Underwater Threat Detection
System capabilities include 360º detection of divers and other threats with automatic detection, tracking, classification and alarm algorithms. The technology has been optimized for challenging and shallow environments. The display offers electronic overlays and can differentiate between divers and other benign objects such as marine animals, with minimal false alarms. Watch more video here.
Forward Looking Navigation
When underway, the system can be used in a navigation mode. In this mode, system capabilities parallel that of the FarSounder-1000 with maximum range out to 1000 m (1/2 nm).
The FarSounder Advantage
Some of the advantages of FarSounder's Ship Protection System over a drop down system include:
- No moving parts: no mechanical moving parts to maintain
- Nothing protruding below the hull: can be deployed in very shallow water
- No internal space usage: such as would be with a hydraulic hoist deployed system
- Instantaneous operation: no time required to lower or raise a system
- Vessel can get underway immediately a threat is identified: a hydraulic hoist will have very limited speed capability
- Same ease of maintenance as the FarSounder navigation systems: transducer can easily be removed by a diver for cleaning or maintenance
- Includes an added benefit: includes a 3D FLS navigation sonar while underway
Zero Time to Deploy, Zero Time to Secure™