Minimum Computer Requirements
FarSounder navigation systems require specific processing computer capabilities. The bridge computers offered by FarSounder are guaranteed to meet the required capabilities. All computers supplied by FarSounder have undergone functional testing to ensure they are compatible with FarSounder's current products and software. Future software releases may require additional computer processing capabilities. The supplied computer is not guaranteed to meet future requirements of yet to be released software updates.
The SonaSoft™ software package has significant hardware resource requirements. Performance may be affected if SonaSoft™ is run on a platform that does not meet these requirements. It is recommended that no other software applications are run during SonaSoft™ operation. As with any shipboard electronic systems, it is highly recommended that both the user interface computer and the FarSounder Power Module be powered through a UPS.
- CPU: Intel i7 8700X 6 core CPU
- RAM: 16 GB DDR4 RAM 8 GB minimum (4 GB for legacy FS-3DT systems)
- Video Card: GB nVidia GTX1050 (or better) with 2GB ram
- Video Card Resolution: 1280 x 1024 minimum
- NIC: 1 Gb/s minimum (2 ports recommended)
- Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64 bit (US Version)
- SSD: 240 GB minimum
- Serial: 3 RS-232 serial ports
- 2 10/100/1000 RJ45 network ports
- USB: minimum 4 ports
- Keyboard: yes (set up only)
- Mouse/Trackball/HID: yes