Most of the 3.13 updates were internal performance enhancements, bug fixes, and added / improved support for new hardware. However, with this release we have also developed a system troubleshooting guide to help technicians when servicing the system.
It can be found in the SonaSoft™ installation directory: C:\Program Files\FarSounder\SonaSoft\help
Other recent updates
If it has been a while since you last updated, here are some highlights of the other recent user facing improvements we have made to the system:
- SonaSoft™ 3.12 added a Standby mode, in which the system remains active but uses a blank ping which does not transmit a signal. 3.12 also included some updates to the Signal Quality indicator in situations with wakes or other large bubble fields.
- SonaSoft™ 3.11 added a short introductory video that covers the basics of the FarSounder system as well as a way to receive complimentary remote end user training with one of FarSounder's engineers.
- SonaSoft™ 3.10 added a faster refresh rate (up to ~3Hz in 100m range mode) as well as a wider 120 degree field of view for the 100m and 200m range modes.
This release also brings a host of internal and tooling improvements that translate into a more robust and performant system overall. We hope you enjoy!
Visit our Tech Blog (www.farsounder.com/technology/blog) to learn about upcoming product features, what goes on behind the scenes, and various applications for the equipment you already own.
- Current: Argos 350, Argos 500, and Argos 1000 sonars
- Note: Argos 500 and Argos 1000 are formerly known as the FarSounder-500 and FarSounder-1000
- Legacy: FS-3DT sonars
The new features are computationally intensive and stringent computer specifications are required in order to maintain a fast update rate. The recommended computer specifications for our Argos 350, Argos 500, and Argos 1000 sonars are posted on our web site. Running this software update on lesser powered computers may result in slow update rates.
IMPORTANT: This release requires Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64 bit (US Version). Customers running Windows 7 will need to upgrade their operating system first.
Legacy FS-3DT sonars are less powerful and the update may be able to run on your existing computer. Please contact FarSounder at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
Additionally, in order to take full advantage of this update the following vessel navigation sensors inputs are required via NMEA:
- True Heading @ 1Hz minimum (gyro or gps compass)
- Rate of Turn @ 10Hz minimum (gyro or gps compass)
- Speed Over Ground @ 1Hz minimum (gps)
- Position @ 1Hz minimum (gps)
- Course @ 1Hz minimum (gps)
- Depth Below Vessel @ 1Hz minimum (echosounder)
How to Receive Service
This standard upgrade is complimentary. If you only need the software update, please fill out our software update request form.
We have also created a guide to walk through each step of the software installation.
New Training Video Available
FarSounder has recently released an introductory training video to help both new and existing users to get the most out their systems.