Production and Support Engineer
Are you looking for a career where you'll be part of a small, dynamic team? Do the intricate details of a high-tech product's design excite you? Do you take pride in ensuring the highest level of customer experience? Then this position may be for you.
FarSounder, Inc. is a small and growing marine sonar company located in Warwick, Rhode Island. We've invented and developed a revolutionary type of sonar that shows the user a 3D image of the underwater environment in front of their vessel (similar to radar, but in 3D and underwater). FarSounder's products are proudly made in the USA with all final assembly and testing performed in-house.
We’re looking to expand our team with someone who will help ensure our customers continue to receive our best possible products and service. Being a small company, you can expect to work with all members of our team from engineering to production to sales.
This position will focus primarily on two specific needs: Production (including vendor management, final assembly and in-house testing of hardware) and Support (including responding to incoming customer support requests, handling basic troubleshooting, and processing RMAs). It is anticipated that the above efforts will fill 70-90% of your job. The remainder of your time will be applied to improving efficiency in our production and support processes (to better allow for continuing sales and production growth), and providing support for various R&D, software testing, and technical sales efforts.
This is an entry level position. As FarSounder continues to expand, you will have the chance to grow with us.
Primary Duties and Expectations:
- Final assembly and testing
- Level 1 customer support
- Managing contract manufacturers and suppliers
- Performing incoming QC on components
- RMA testing and repair
- Improving process documentation
- Assisting in improving production productivity improvements
Secondary Duties and Expectations:
- R&D test support
- Software QA testing
- Level 1 technical sales support
- Customer support site visits
- Engineering degree or relevant experience
- Smart, personable, self-starter
- Familiarity with basic electronic test tools (i.e. o-scope, power supply, multimeter, etc.)
- Proficient in communicating with customers in a professional environment
- Comfortable using computer based tools for tracking and organizing customer records and communications
- Comfortable talking on the phone with non-native english speakers
- Ability to lift 70 lbs
- Comfortable with occasional field work on boats
- Comfortable travelling internationally
- Expected travel: 1-3 weeks per year
- Ability to use and understand automation scripts (i.e. bat files)
- Command of written and spoken English
- Experience with CAD software
- Experience with ship operations
- Experience with version control systems
- Knowledge of fundamentals of electronics
- Familiarity with Salesforce
- Familiarity with programming
- This position is based out of our office in Warwick, RI
- Only open to individuals with the permanent legal right to work in the United States
- Time commitment: Full time
- Salary Range: $45k-$55k
FarSounder offers an excellent benefit package, including health insurance, employer contribution retirement fund, and a friendly, collaborative team environment.
To apply, please email your resume as a pdf to email@example.com. In the body of the email, tell us why you're interested in this opportunity, and why you think you'd be a good fit for this job.
No agency calls will be accepted.
FarSounder is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a smoke-free/drug-free work environment for its employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation, gender identity and pregnancy, national origin, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.