Software Engineering Intern
FarSounder is a small and growing marine sonar company located in Warwick, Rhode Island. We've invented and developed a new kind of sonar that shows the user a 3D image of the underwater environment in front of their vessel (similar to radar, but in 3D and underwater).
We're looking for a bright Computer Science student to work with us on our C++ and Python applications. We have exciting projects in mind at both undergraduate (preferably junior or senior) and graduate levels. Based on your interest and experience your project could be in any number of areas, some of which include: data visualization, user interface design, signal processing, networking, machine learning, and 3D graphics.
Being that we're a small company, you can expect to gain experience with a broad spectrum of the software development process. You will be involved in all phases of your project including the initial design, coding, testing, documenting, and final release. You'll probably also learn a bit about sales, user interface design, and customer support.
- Excellent computer programming skills
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate academic program with coursework in Computer Science (major not required)
- Able to work both in groups and independently
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Available for an in-person interview in Rhode Island
- Smart, personable, self-starter
- This is a PAID internship.
- Only open to individuals with the permanent legal right to work in the United States.
- The position is in our office in Warwick, RI. No telecommuting.
- Target Dates: Spring 2018 with possibility to continue during the summer and fall.
- Time Commitment: Part time during Fall/Spring semester. Full time during the summer.
To apply, please email your resume as a pdf to email@example.com. In the body of the email, tell us why you're interested in this opportunity, and why you think you'd be a good fit for this job. If you have a website, side project, or anything else you think we'd be interested in seeing, please include that as well.
No agency calls will be accepted.
FarSounder is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a smoke-free/drug-free work environment for its employees.